Consider to leave Instagram and close your account permanently? Or instead – wanna create a new account after deleting all data related to the older one? Anyhow, if you have made a decision, you are suggested to do some backup and preparation for it.
In this post we will show you how to save all data and then delete Instagram account.
Wondering how to download an archive of your account? Is it possible to save the photos and videos you’ve uploaded to the service, any archived Stories, comments on your posts, instant messages and other data? The answer is YES. Here’s how to do:
- Open up your browser, and navigate to the site instagram.com/download/request.
- Click Privacy and Security on the left side, type an email address where you would like to receive a download link for all the data on the right, and click next button.
- Enter your Instagram password as prompted, and click Request Download button.
After that, the panel will show the message saying that “we’re started creating a file of thing you’ve share on Instagram and will email a link to (your email address)”. The collection time may last up to 48 hours. Once you receive the email, click the Download Data link in the email, and you will be directed back to the Instagram page.
- Click the Download Data button the Instagram Privacy and Security pane.
- As the downloading is complete, head to the location that stores your download files, and double click on the .Zip file titled your user name, to unpack the archive.
From there you can browser all your Instagram account data in the folder. There are several sub-folders that include your photos, videos, archive Stories (posted after December 2017), uploaded profile images, and more, while other information like your comments and connections, uploaded contacts, the usernames of your followers and people you follow, the text of your instant messages, your profile information, searches you’ve conducted on Instagram, your post and Story captions, account settings, media meta data and other non-media items are stored in those .JSON files.
Currently you can only access to the data-download tool via the web. Meanwhile, note that the download link is valid within the next four days, and you must keep this link private as it contains all the personal information you requested to download.
You can use this way to backup your Instagram account on a regular basis. Or rather, if you want to leave Instagram for personal reason, read on to know how to delete
- Navigate to instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ in your browser.
- If prompted, log in with your Instagram username and password.
- Select a reason why you are trying to delete the account, and verify password again.
- Click Permanently Delete My Account button that appears to start the process.
Guess now you may be thinking about uninstalling Instagram or other related third-party like Flume,Uplet or Instagram Downloader from your devices?……
Though you can export almost all the data created during the usage of Instagram, it is not an easy decision to permanently ditch an account with which you have put many emotions and memories. What’s your consideration about this issue? Share it with us.