Adobe Lightroom is a popular image management and editing software available for both Windows and macOS platforms. Currently this software has two versions: the consumer-targeted Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC. Well, in this post we will focus on the topic of uninstalling Adobe Lightroom on macOS/Mac OS X. First of all, see how can you delete Lightroom by four available options.
Option 1: run Adobe Lightroom Uninstaller
Some versions of Lightroom come with a dedicated uninstaller while other do not. For those with a built-in uninstaller, it is suggested to run the tool to execute the uninstall.
- Open Finder, head to the Applications folder, and locate the Adobe Lightroom icon.
- Double click to open it up, then double click the Uninstall Adobe Lightroom icon.
- Follow the onscreen prompts in the Uninstall wizard to complete the process.
If you cannot find Uninstall Adobe Lightroom icon there, then head to the /Applications/Utilities folder to see there exists a folder named Adobe Installers. In this folder, you may be able to locate and run the Uninstall Adobe Lightroom tool.
Tip: Make sure to fully quit Adobe Lightroom and all its related process before you carry out the uninstall. To do so, right click the Adobe Lightroom icon in Dock, and choose Quit. If Adobe Creative Cloud runs in the meantime, quit this app as well.
Option 2: trash Lightroom from /Application folder
Installed a version of Adobe Lightroom that does not contain a dedicated uninstaller? You can adopt the universal means to uninstall Lightroom app first, and then delete some of its remaining files manually. Here are the standard uninstall steps:
- Locate Adobe Photoshop Lightroom app icon in the Applications folder.
- Right click on it and choose Move to Trash option.
- Head to the Finder in the Menu bar (or right click the Trash icon in Dock), then choose Empty Trash, and click Empty Trash button in the pop-up dialog.
Tip: Emptying the Trash is irrevocable. If you want to avoid the risk of mistakenly deleting other files, you can separately delete Lightroom app in the Trash again.
Option 3: uninstall Lightroom via Launchpad
Installed Adobe Lightroom through the Mac App Store? If so, you will be able to take advantage of the Launchpad to easily get rid of Adobe Lightroom in simple steps.
- Click the Launchpad icon in Dock, and then type Lightroom in the search box.
- Select and hold on Lightroom until the app icon begins to wiggle and shows X.
- Click the X icon, and then click Delete in the pop-up dialog.
Tip: This option only works for the apps that are installed in Mac App Store. If there is no X appearing in the upper left corner of the third-party app, it suggests that the app is not installed through Mac App Store, and you cannot uninstall it like that.
Option 4: remove Lightroom by using Osx Uninstaller
Looking for a time-saving, hassle-free way to quickly uninstall Lightroom for Mac? The best choice is to utilize a reputable Mac app remover like Osx Uninstaller.
- Launch Osx Uninstaller after downloading and installing this tool.
- Select Lightroom in the interface, and click Run Analysis button.
- After the scanning, click Complete Uninstall and then Yes to confirm the deletion.
Tip: running Osx Uninstaller to delete an unwanted Mac app allows you to achieve an intuitive, streamlined process and satisfactory result. Give it a try right now?
Files that are left behind when an application is removed, take up hard disk space and can cause problems when you install or run a newer version of the Adobe application. To know how to detect and delete Lightroom leftovers, see related posts: